Volunteers have always been the core strength and driving force of the Ohio Veterinary Medical Association. The OVMA offers a broad spectrum of volunteer opportunities in which you can contribute to your professional community. Find your interest, your passion, your skill, and then join your colleagues in making a difference. Not only will veterinary medicine benefit, but so too will you expand your network of colleagues, your knowledge, and the sense that you are together capable of something far greater.
- Education Committees — A series of sub-committees that develop educational programming for the Midwest Veterinary Conference and OVMA one-day programs.
- Animal Behavior
- Food Animal
- Holistic & Integrative Medicine
- Pet Animal
- Public Health
- Practice Management & Staff Development
- Shelter Medicine
- Veterinary Exploration Conference
- Finance/Audit Committee — Develops operating budgets and fiscal policy. Reviews and makes recommendations on member service issues.
- Health & Wellness Committee — Provides a framework for educational tools and personal assistance for veterinarians regarding physical and mental well-being, as well as drug dependency.
- Legislative Committee — Reviews proposed legislation and regulatory changes that impact the veterinary profession. Makes recommendations as to public policy positions for the organization.
- Public Education Committee — Develops programs to educate the public on various aspects of the veterinary profession and animal care. Promotes a sense of community within the profession.